October 22, 2009

Be as creative as you can be

Creativity is not just an art and it's not just a science. It's both. I have found that to increase your propensity to be creative you should:

Read a lot (not just easy to read or "eye-candy" such as tweets but substantive material such as points of view, articles, books)
View a lot (observe others)
Listen a lot (listen to experts and non-experts)
Inquire a lot (ask questions)
Get involved in a lot (have multiple, diverse interests)

And you will be more creative.

What else could I add here?

1 comment:

  1. I think you could add practice. I like the definition of creativity as a process. It is easy to say, "Oh, that person is just creative and I'm not." It is difficult to admit that they actually might have been working at it for along time. Practice being creative and eventually you will come up something that really is.

    ReplyDelete