May 1, 2010

My Reading List from 2009: Ranging From: The Only Sustainable Edge to The Master and Margarita

In concert with the practice of yearly goal setting, at the beginning and end of each year, I try to take a step back and reevaluate my reading and learning aspirations. Inspired by my cousin and brother-in-law who are avid readers, I have compiled my 2009 reading list and posted it here. Soon to be published will be my reading list for 2010, based on my books I've read, am reading or will read, albeit belated ....

With life's increasing demands and busyness, recently I have had a tough time getting through books in their entirety, reading every single page from cover to cover. So, to start from a more reasonable place, last year I set a goal of reading two books a month; one book business-related, the other social, global, or religious. Going forward in 2010 however, I want to do a better job of recording what I learn from my readings, so I am going to start using a mind map to outline and collaborate with other readers. Let me know if you're interested in joining the fun.

I've included the Amazon links for each book for your convenience and hope you check some of them out. If you've read any of these books before, I'd be interested in your thoughts. If you have any favorite reads you might recommend, please share.

I'd say my top two of all 24 listed below would have to be: One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich and Economics in One Lesson, in no particular order. That said, I enjoyed them all. Stay tuned for more ... I can't wait to share more good reads with you!

January
- Crucial Conversations
- The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid

February
- The Only Sustainable Edge
- High Noon: 20 Global Problems, 20 Years to Solve Them

March
- Outliers
- Three Cups of Tea

April
- The Big Switch
- Man's Search for Meaning

May
- Reality Check
- Mere Christianity

June
- The Long Tail
- One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

July
- Yes!
- The Master and Margarita

August
- Economics in One Lesson
- Strengths Finder 2.0

September
- Open Business Models
- Saving the World at Work

October
- 10 Rules for Strategic Innovators
- How to Change the World

November
- Future of Management
- 1776

December
- The Rise of the Creative Class
- Joseph Smith Rough Stone Rolling

1 comment:

  1. Nice list. I will add some of these to my reading library. Crucial Conversations was a great one huh?

    ReplyDelete